We are here for you
Although our main office is closed, as an essential service we remain open, maintaining normal operations and business hours. Regional Group asset and property management operations are ongoing for the benefit of our building owners, tenants and residents.
Regional Group is taking all necessary steps to ensure standards are upheld to prevent the spread of the virus within our properties, job sites, and our communities. The health and safety of our staff, our tenants, and our trades remains paramount in our policies and our decisions.
We were fortunate to have digital platforms, technologies, and protocols in place prior to the onset of the pandemic to enable us to manage remotely. As a result, our main office staff is working from home while providing the same level of professional service.
All building operators, contractors, and management staff are required to strictly adhere to our health and safety plan. This includes daily health and safety checks required by all technicians, contractors, visitors, and staff entering any of our properties, either owned or managed, commercial or residential.
- We require a daily health and safety check-in for all technicians, contractors, site visitors, and staff. regionalgroup.com/safety-first.
- We require the use of masks, gloves, and safety glasses (PPE) by all persons working in our buildings or on any of our sites.
- Job site and property health & safety signage has been prominently posted to enforce hygiene, distancing, and best practices regulations.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting common area surfaces.
- We have created designated “trade only” access wherever possible to minimize potential tenant contact.
Rent & Leasing
One of the areas most widely effected by the economic impact of the pandemic is rent. We understand that many will have concerns about their rent payment, and we urge them to contact their property manager. The government has put in place several measures to help mitigate the severe financial pressure caused by COVID-19. We urge tenants to visit https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html (English) or https://www.canada.ca/fr/ministere-finances/plan-intervention-economique.html (Français) for up to date information.
We have put in place COVID Preventative Measures protocols to provide regulated physical access to our sites. In-person tours in the present environment are challenging. As a result, in some cases, we have virtual tours available.
During these unprecedented times, we are all faced with decisions, challenges, and protocols which have affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will continue to monitor local, provincial, and federal health agency bulletins as well as industry communications relating to COVID-19 and adjust our policies and protocols accordingly.